Welcome to our YouTube Channel and Course Materials for painting "Day Dreaming, vol.2"
We are excited to announce the premiere of our first set of painting tutorials on YouTube, beginning with "Day Dreaming, vol.2"!
We originally planning on releasing these videos as part of an online, paid series of videos, but we thought with COVID-19 and all, it might be more fun for everyone to learn to paint with us for FREE!
So now you can find all this series of four tutorial videos on our YouTube Channel, free of charge.
Here's a list of materials you'll need in the course:
- Oil Paints (whatever brand you want)
- Prussian Blue
- Titanium White
- Pthalo Blue
- Pthalo Green
- Burnt Umber
- Viridian Green
- Sap Green
- Lemon Yellow (or Cadmium Yellow Light)
- Dioxazine Purple
- Stretched canvas for painting (we use a 16"x20" that's been primed with gesso)
- Palette Knives - we use a few different kinds for this painting but you can work with whatever you like, and get it from wherever you like
- Base Palette Knife (such as this one)
- Detail Palette Knife (such as this one)
- Our "All-Purpose" Palette Knife (such as this one)
- You can also check out this variety pack of Palette Knives which works great too!
- Varnish for once it's dry (in at least a month or six). We tend to use satin varnish.
- Hanging hardware for the back (if desired)
For your own reference, here's the original photo taken by our very own Amy Colella on St. John's in the US Virgin Islands.
And here's a line drawing of the art that we use to lay out the art.
If you have any questions or issues, please let us know by dropping us an email to email@example.com - we would be more than happy to help you.
And we would LOVE to see your final artwork! Dont be shy! Either email us your creations or tag us on social media.
Whatever you do, relax, have fun, and create things that make you happy.